Sunday, August 5, 2012

Queer Eye for the Straight Uruk-hai

If you read the first blog I posted here, or if you're just familiar with my nonsense, then you know that my first foray into hardcore fandom began with the culture that sprang up around J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Back in the day, I was rocking the ring of Galadriel, posting to the Tolkien message board, the White Council, and, yes, even writing fan fiction. Nowadays, I spend a lot more time and thought on "The Walking Dead" and "Once Upon a Time," but I'll never forget where I came from. Hence, it's time to give a little pictorial nod to my roots with this latest comic.


CLICK THE PICTURE FOR AN UNOBSTRUCTED VIEW.

This basically all started when I was contemplating the notion of a "flaming eye" one day at work. And being a wacky punster, my brain came to this. The initial sketch was super cartoony, and I did want to stick to that, but this time I actually googled up a nice picture of both an uruk-hai and the Eye of Sauron to use as models in the creation of this pic. 

So enjoy! Feel free to reproduce it elsewhere, but please include attribution (a link to the blog or a mention of my Twitter handle) and again, do not use it for anything that involves making a profit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment